The gallery is looking to hire a part-time employee for the position of “Registrar.” This position requires that the employee be present in the gallery Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays (11am-6pm), and during selected opening receptions – as guided by the Director. A full job description is below:
• Update gallery contacts/mailing lists as required by supervising staff
• Occasionally write blog/Artsy posts as asked by supervising staff
• Update, replace, and re-format artist bios on server and website as needed
• Format and archive new press articles and links, place on server and website
• Update artist pages on website accordingly with new press, collections acquisitions, or exhibitions/images
• Maintain and update Artsy, Artnet inventory online
• Assist with wrapping, packing, and organizing physical artwork inventory
• Writing press releases for upcoming exhibitions
• Assist with general exhibition/art fair preparation and logistics
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Graphic Design experience: preferably Photoshop and InDesign
• Ability to self-manage deadlines, routine inventory checks, etc.
• Familiarity with ArtBase, Artsy inventory systems, and WordPress
Compensation follows the guidelines for part time hourly employees, and is managed/logged by the employee under the supervision of the Director. Opportunities to assist with client relations and sales will be made available based on performance. No benefits shall apply to this position.
Interested candidates may send resumes to: INFO@MARKMOOREGALLERY.COM (Subject: “Registrar Position.”)
No phone calls, please.